Reflecting on 2022- Being Grateful for the Things That Were And Leaving Behind What No Longer Serves You
Hope everyone around here had a lovely Christmas and a happy new year. Whether you are into making new year resolutions or not, your effort to reflect on 2022 will bring positive changes in your life. As we approach the end of the current year, it is natural to think about your experiences throughout the year.
Reflection on the past year basically means looking at the highs and lows and evaluating the past episodes. This type of assessment is helpful in enhancing your performance in the future. It will give you an outlook on which things to be grateful for or learn lessons from.
WHY IS IT IMPORTANT TO REFLECT ON 2022
We can’t go back to our past and correct our mistakes with a white marker. Human beings make mistakes to learn from them and get an insight into how to avoid them in future.
One can observe his/her behaviour when they were subjected to certain situations. A negative attitude can therefore be corrected when facing a similar situation in future. Getting an overview of the events, actions and reactions encountered can also be termed as giving feedback to oneself.
- One can find another way of going through the next year in a more relaxed and focused way. Your mind and body will therefore be relieved from being overstressed both while dealing with relations and work.
- An individual can carry the non-fulfilled goals of the past year to the next year with better planning. This time you have better chances to make them happen as you have learnt through your mistakes.
- Improve your relations by investing more time, respect and better understanding with your loved ones. An attempt to bring behavioural changes in you can bring your family and friends closer.
- When one gets a chance to write down what is going on in their head, they get rid of any questions occupying the subconscious mind. You will find answers to unsolved queries and might be surprised by the emotions you open up to.
HOW TO REFLECT ON 2O22
It is human nature to get hit by the lows instead of being proud of the highs. So, take a piece of advice and write all the things you are grateful for and learn lessons from.
Note down in a notebook every possible detail month-wise. One needs to mention all your achievements and losses, specific points/action steps, and external and internal reasons. Consider the mistakes one is bringing along for the last 3 years and stop taking them any further.
Don’t forget to be grateful for the good things that happened as they can help in appreciating the past year. Not only do the facts matter, but your attitude toward life is also significant.
- Be honest and clear when you sit back and analyze your past
- Don’t be judgemental
- Neither find excuses nor lower your confidence
Of course, it is a possibility that you may swap or completely ignore some events and write as you please.
The areas which need to be reflected on the past are
- Love life
- Time management
SOME SELF-REFLECTION QUESTIONS TO ASK ABOUT THE PAST YEAR
- WHAT ARE MY CAREER PLANS AND HOW TO FACE THE CHALLENGES THAT STOPPED ME LAST YEAR?
Career plans can be achieved faster when we set our career milestones. Milestones are concrete proof that you are better at what you do. So, make sure to mark your achievements this year and move closer to your career goals. This type of planning also helps to motivate you with small, measurable wins.
Unplanned work and everyday life can create unnecessary stress and worry. This can further impede us from performing our best in our work. The challenges can be faced even better when we identify the factors affecting our goals. These factors can be family pressure, colleagues, our own mental and physical health, distraction by entertainment, our values and financial planning.
Now create solutions for your problems and be more equipped to face similar challenges this year. This way you can forgive yourself and learn to be stronger individually and professionally.
- HOW CAN I MANAGE MY FINANCES BETTER THIS YEAR?
The pandemic has taught us the importance of regularly checking in on our financial position. Also, include financial planning practices and be prepared for the worst times.
- You may cut off your expenses when going over budget
- Build an emergency fund
- Invest when you are aware of the risks
- Pay off debts and be mindful before getting into it
Identifying your financial habits helps you set a financial goal for the next year. Thus, being financially literate will support your decisions such as moving abroad to another country.
- WHAT ALL ARE YOU BEING GRATEFUL FOR IN 2022?
One must be thankful to the people who supported you or mentored you in the previous year. It may be one of the colleagues or a family member. Send them a little “Thanku” message or can even give them gifts as a gesture of gratitude. This kind of expression will help maintain a healthy bond even in future.
- WHICH NEGATIVE ATTITUDE SHOULD BE CHANGED?
Our career and personal relationships are extensively affected by some of our undesirable habits. These habits are deeply ingrained in the individuals as their second nature. So change them if they are impacting you negatively.
It is not easy to get rid of these habits and so you need to have strong and firm intentions.
Some of your bad habits will be getting up late, gossiping, associating with toxic people and many others.
- WHAT POSITIVE HABITS TO ADAPT?
To be a better version of yourself, write down and commit to ways to replace your bad habits with good ones. But as we all know, habits aren’t corrected overnight. So, plan your actions for the next year and strive for progress and not perfection.
- HOW CAN I HELP OTHERS IN 2023
It is our duty to adopt a kind heart and lighten the burdens of others. One may start an individual initiative or a non-profit organization.
Planning for the next year helps to prepare yourself to smash the unachieved goals of the past.
One can stay even more joyful by quitting their negative attitude and being grateful for the past inspiring experiences.
Download the JOYSCORE APP and enjoy a better version of yourself.
Download on the Appstore
Get it on Google Play