Here are ways to fall asleep naturally:
1. Applying oil to the foot soles is one way to induce sleep according to Ayurveda. It grounds the person and also alleviate psychological imbalances since negative emotions can accumulate at the soles of the feet.
2. Drink a cup of warm milk or almond milk before bed. Warm milk can promote healthy tissues, balance the nervous system, and prepare the body to sleep.
3. Eat a small meal three hours before bedtime. Dinner time should actually be the smallest meal of the day and should be eaten 3 hours before you sleep so it has time to digest. Something warm like hot soup will sit well in the tummy and won’t be heavy before bedtime.
4. Turn off electronics one hour before bed. Have a detox break from your phone and television to give your eyes and body some rest from stimulation. Too much stimulation can cause a lot of stress to the system and lead to unrestful sleep.
5. Build a sleeping routine. Having regular sleeping patterns will naturally signal the body to know when to sleep. Sleeping before 10 PM and waking up before sunrise is ideal for optimum health.
6. Try a guided meditation or yoga nidra before bed. Yoga nidra takes one into deep rest that can be even better than sleep! It helps activate the relaxation response and can improve the function of our endocrine & nervous system.
Prevent and implement new habits so nothing can steal away your beauty sleep! During sleep the whole body is rejuvenated and recharged. If it cannot recharge your batteries will go low and you will eventually burn out. Make proper sleep a much needed priority on your list.
Watch the SneakPeek of JoyScore Visualization Meditation.